A traditional Facelift reduces excess sagging tissue of the lower cheek, jaw line, and neck. It returns a more youthful appearance to the lower face and neck by reducing facial fat, tightening facial muscles and connective tissue, and re-draping sagging skin. Standard Facelift incisions extend into the hair line just above, and just behind the outer ear. (See Limited Incision Face Lifts for comparison)
- $4,000 – $ 10,000
Length of Surgery
- Three to six hours
- Local with intravenous sedation
- Back to work in 9-14 days. Swelling, bruising and stiffness may persist for three to four weeks.
- Usually Once
- Nerve damage, hematoma (collection of blood under the skin), asymmetry, irregular scar formation, altered hairline, complications related to anesthesia
Duration of Results
- Long lasting. (If you have it done and a twin doesn’t, you will always look eight to 10 years younger than your twin.)
- However, the effects of aging and gravity will continue to take their toll and you may desire another surgery.